TV host, Vhong Navarro, surrenders to NBI for acts of rape KossyDerrickBlog KossyDerrickEnt

KossyDerrickEnt

Your favourite Entertainment Blog for: Trending Gist in Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya and other African countries, Social Media Trending Topics & Opinions, Food, Comedy, Hollywood Celebrity Gist and Celebrity Gist in Nigeria & Africa. For promotions, sponsored posts, adverts and submission of news or gist, contact us: [email protected]

Breaking News

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, September 19, 2022

TV host, Vhong Navarro, surrenders to NBI for acts of rape

Television host Vhong Navarro surrendered to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Monday after a Taguig court issued an arrest warrant against him over an incident with model-stylist Deniece Cornejo in 2014, his lawyer said.

Branch 116 of the Metropolitan Trial Court of Taguig City said in its order dated September 15 that it finds probable cause to hold Navarro for trial for acts of lasciviousness based on one of the complaints previously filed by Cornejo.

A copy of the order was shown to the media on Monday.

The recommended bail was set at ₱36,000. In an interview over DZBB, Navarro's lawyer Atty. Alma Mallonga expressed confidence that her client will be released as soon as possible.

"Palagay ko hindi naman magkakaroon ng problema dahil kumpleto ang mga prerequisite (I don't think there will be a problem because we have completed all the prerequisites)," she said. "We are going to comply with it within the day. We are confident that Mr. Navarro will be granted bail."

The Court of Appeals' 14th Division earlier reversed the decision of the Department of Justice in 2018 and 2020 that initially dismissed the rape and acts of lasciviousness complaints filed by Cornejo.

Mallonga told reporters her client will continue fighting to prove his innocence, which she said is supported by CCTV footage in an elevator on the day the crime was allegedly committed.

“He knows he is innocent. He knows he has people who will continue to believe in him and to help him…life goes on and we will continue fighting,” the lawyer added

In 2014, the NBI also obtained the CCTV footage. The agency said it supported Navarro's claim that six men beat him up in Cornejo's condominium, thus disproving the charges against the TV host.

“Hindi ako nawawalan ng pag-asa kasi nandito 'yung legal team ko, nandito 'yung family ko, nandito yung asawa ko. Ang Paginoon kasama ko dito sa laban na ‘to,” Navarro said.

[Translation: I am not losing hope because my legal team is here, my family is here, my wife is here. The Lord is with me in this fight.]

The TV host also thanked his supporters and assured them he will continue working in his noontime show.


No comments:

Advertise With Us