VIDEO: "Alhamdulillah" - Benjamin Mendy said as he responded to 'Not Guilty' to attempted rape case KossyDerrickBlog KossyDerrickEnt

KossyDerrickEnt

Your favourite Entertainment Blog for trending Gist, Celebrity News and gossip, food and Hollywood Celebrity news. For advert and sponsored post, contact: [email protected]

Breaking News

Search This Blog

Before you used this banner

Translate

Friday, July 14, 2023

VIDEO: "Alhamdulillah" - Benjamin Mendy said as he responded to 'Not Guilty' to attempted rape case

 "Alhamdulillah" - Benjamin Mendy said as he responded to 'Not Guilty' to attempted rape case.

He was approached by journalists outside the Chester Crown Court but he gave only a one-word answer and waved off other questions as he fought back his tears.

"Alhamdulillah," he said.
Mendy last played in 2021 and admitted the club stopped paying his salary in September 2021 despite being under contract. He was released last month at the expiration of his contract while awaiting his retrial.

His next step is unknown as he failed to respond to myriads of questions he was asked, one of which was if City manager Pep Guardiola supported him during the trials.

Former Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy was today cleared of all charges of assault and declared not guilty after nearly three years since a 24-year-old woman first alleged him.

He began his journey to clear his name in October 2020 after a woman alleged him of forceful intimacy at his Cheshire home, he denied the allegations and maintained it was consensual.

He was cleared after three hours of deliberation by a jury at Chester Crown Court this afternoon - and broke down in the dock afterwards before saying he was 'delighted' with the not guilty verdicts.


Mendy had faced a retrial on one count of rape and one count of attempted rape during lockdown-busting parties. He is now a free man but without a club after his Man City contract expired at the end of June and having played his last game for the Premier League champions in August 2021.

The French international full back was already cleared of six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault after a court case in January.

Mendy wept when he was cleared. His lawyers said he would now 'rebuild his life' - and a return to top flight football is now likely. The emotional star declined to comment outside court only to say: 'Alhamdulillah' - an Arabic phrase meaning: 'Praise be to God'. Jenny Wiltshire, Head of Serious & General Crime at Hickman & Rose said: 'Benjamin Mendy would like to thank the members of the jury for focussing on the evidence in this trial, rather than on the rumour and innuendo that have followed this case from the outset.

'This is the second time that Mr Mendy has been tried and found not guilty by a jury. He is delighted that both juries reached the correct verdicts.

'It has been almost 3 years since the police started investigating this matter. Mr Mendy has tried to remain strong but the process has, inevitably had a serious impact on him.

Four other women or teenagers also leveled grave rape accusations against him. Yet, after a lengthy trial earlier this year, the court acquitted Mendy on six counts of rape and one of sexual assault.

Throughout the process, Mendy consistently denied any misconduct. Following the expiration of his contract with Manchester City on June 30, the 29-year-old is currently without a club.

No comments:

Advertise With Us