Ice Cube says he’s “never” giving up on a “Friday 4” movie & says “I’m trying to get it out of Warner Brothers, they don’t believe in the culture man" KossyDerrickBlog KossyDerrickEnt

KossyDerrickEnt

Your favourite Entertainment Blog for trending Gist, Celebrity News and gossip, food and Hollywood Celebrity news. For advert and sponsored post, contact: [email protected]

Breaking News

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, January 2, 2023

Ice Cube says he’s “never” giving up on a “Friday 4” movie & says “I’m trying to get it out of Warner Brothers, they don’t believe in the culture man"

Information reaching Kossyderrickent has it that Ice Cube says he’s “never” giving up on a “Friday 4” movie & says “I’m trying to get it out of Warner Brothers, they don’t believe in the culture man".

With each passing year, it seems less and less likely that Friday 4, aka Last Friday, will ever see the light of day. After Ice Cube helped kick off the franchise in 1995 as co-writer and lead star alongside Chris Tucker, he'd partner up with Mike Epps for the 2000 sequel Next Friday. Cube and Epps would return as Craig and Day Day in 2002's Friday After Next, and for the past 20 years, the characters haven't made another appearance in film.

This hasn't been for a lack of trying on Cube's part. For years, he has been trying to get Friday 4 off the ground. Various scripts have been written, but disagreements between Cube and New Line Cinema have kept the project stalled. In December, Cube gave another update on his plan for Last Friday, claiming that the studio was being "weird" with the rights to the franchise. He says that they won't let him have the control he needs to make Friday 4 and expressed his view that New Line needs to "do the right thing" and relinquish the IP for Cube to properly make the sequel.

"They need to do the right thing, get it to us, let us turn it into more money, and make the fans happy," Cube said on Mike Tyson's Hotboxin' podcast. "We can do a lot with it.”

Now speaking with TMZ, Cube was asked if he's thought about moving on from Friday by doing a new movie called Saturday. It's a concept that Cube shuts down instantly, as Friday is about its characters, so Saturday would just feel like a letdown without some familiar faces from Friday.

"You got to use the same IP, so you can't call it Saturday without using Craig and Day Day," he remarked.

With that said, Cube also said that Last Friday is not a lost cause, saying that he'll "never" give up on the sequel. He says he's still holding out hope for New Line owner Warner Bros. to "do the right thing" by giving him the rights. He refuses to pay for the rights as someone who helped create the franchise, though he also says he won't be suing the company, either.

"No, ain't gonna sue nobody," Cube said when asked if that would be his next course of action.

As for whether he’d file a lawsuit to get the rights, he responded: “No, ain’t gonna sue nobody.”

Cube has been outspoken about his difficulties in getting a fourth Friday film made for quite some time. Speaking about the idea during a recent appearance on Mike Tyson’s Hotboxin’ podcast, Cube called on the studio to “do the right thing.”

“They need to do the right thing, get it to us, let us turn it into more money, and make the fans happy,” Cube said at the time. “We can do a lot with it.”

Ice Cube has also previously said that Warner Brothers rejected two separate scripts for the potential film.

“I’m trying to get it out of Warner Brothers, they don’t believe in the culture man,” Cube told hosts N.O.R.E. and DJ EFN on Drink Champs. “I had two scripts. I wrote one; it was the shit. They was like, ‘Yo, we don’t want Craig and Day-Day in jail, ’cause Craig and Day-Day went to jail for selling weed before it was legal!”

Cube released the first Friday film back in 1995. He later added on two sequels, Next Friday and Friday After Next, in 2000 and 2002 respectively.

No comments:

Advertise With Us