PHOTOS: Pictures of two teenagers, Charlie Bartolo and Kearne Solanke, stabbed to death in South East London go viral on Twitter KossyDerrickBlog KossyDerrickEnt

KossyDerrickEnt

Your favourite Entertainment Blog for trending Gist, Celebrity News and gossip, food and Hollywood Celebrity news. For advert and sponsored post, contact: [email protected]

Finance

Breaking News

Search This Blog

Before you used this banner

Translate

Monday, November 28, 2022

PHOTOS: Pictures of two teenagers, Charlie Bartolo and Kearne Solanke, stabbed to death in South East London go viral on Twitter

Pic one of the teenagers who was stabbed in South East London yesterday. 

Kearne Solanke age 16 who was stabbed to death in South East London.

A teenager has been arrested over the fatal stabbings of two 16-year-old boys a mile apart in south-east London, police said.

Kearne Solanke was found with stab wounds in Thamesmead, and Charlie Bartolo was discovered in Abbey Wood, on Saturday afternoon.

The Metropolitan police said late on Sunday evening that a 16-year-old boy had been arrested on suspicion of their murders, with the two incidents being treated by police as linked.

DCI Kate Blackburn, from the Met’s specialist crime command, said: “This is a positive development in what is a complex and fast-moving investigation. Charlie and Kearne’s families have been informed.

“Our investigation is ongoing and we continue to appeal for the public’s help as we build a picture of what happened on Saturday night. If you have information, no matter how insignificant you think it may be, please come forward.”

Police were called out at about 5.10pm on Saturday to reports that people had been injured at both locations. Both teenagers were pronounced dead and murder investigations launched.

Earlier, Det Supt Richard McDonagh, speaking at the scene of one of the incidents, told reporters: “Homicide colleagues are investigating and are treating the two murders as linked. I can assure everybody affected by these murders that skilled detectives will work tirelessly to discover what happened and provide answers to the young victims and families.

“Officers are especially keen to hear from anyone who might have seen a dark-coloured SUV or 4x4 type with distinctive silver roof bars in the areas around Sewell Road or Titmuss Avenue in the days prior to the murders.

“We have already heard from a number of witnesses and I’m grateful to them.”

Anyone with information should call police on 101, giving the reference 4943/26NOV, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111.

Despite the best efforts of the officers, the London Ambulance Service and London's Air Ambulance, both teenagers died.

The victims were named earlier today as Charlie Bartolo and Kearne Solanke. Detective Chief Inspector Kate Blackburn, from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: "This is a positive development in what is a complex and fast-moving investigation. Charlie and Kearne’s families have been informed.

"Our investigation is ongoing and we continue to appeal for the public’s help as we build a picture of what happened on Saturday night.

"If you have information, no matter how insignificant you think it may be, please come forward."

Earlier, Detective Superintendent Richard McDonagh, from the South East Command Unit which includes Greenwich, said: "Tackling violence is a priority for the Met.

"Days like today show why that work is so important, and why I must again ask all of London’s communities to work with us, and our partners, so that we are doing all that we can together to prevent such tragedies."

"We have already heard from a number of witnesses, and I am grateful to them for getting in touch and providing information to police.

"Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen a dark coloured SUV or 4x4 type vehicle with distinctive silver roof bars in the areas around Sewell Road or Titmuss Avenue in the days before, and prior to the murders."

Anyone with information should call police on 101, giving the reference 4943/26NOV, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111.

Ward Councillor Anthony Okereke wrote on Twitter: "Awful news tonight of two fatal stabbings in our borough.

"Too many of our young people are losing their lives to senseless violence. Something needs to change. My heart goes out to all of those affected."

No comments:

Advertise With Us